Blog of Ian Callahan and exciting new specialty espresso and brewed coffee bar, Bar 9

..

Monday, December 29, 2008

Turkish Coffee (Cezve) Video

To coincide with my first article for bean scene magazine, which is going to be about the Turkish brew coffee (using a cezve, ibrik or briki), I'm posting a brief video of me going through the actions.  I've hooked a k-type thermocouple to the cezve to give you a readout of the temp which should give you a better point of reference of what's going on.
You'll prob notice the temp drop occasionally, this is because I was brewing outside and every now and again a gust of wind would blow through.  I also forgot to start the timer, but you can obviously just use the time at the bottom of the video feed.
In the article I'll be talking about different findings from changing round some of the various brewing properties, but for info on that, you'll have to get a copy of the mag!

Let me know if any of you have any comments or questions.  





Turkish Coffee Video - How to - from Bar Nine Espresso on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this looks good and all, but I been told by the Missus that the order you placed items in the Cezve/Ibrik are not right for getting the full flavor. Drop me a line and I will give you some feedback / suggestions on what works really well.

Regards
Serhan @ 3four2